As the podcast intro mentions, I believe strongly in the importance of nurturing our entire mind, body, and spirit connection, in order to run a healthy business & live a balanced life. So I’ve decided to dive into my favorite bits of wisdom I’ve leaned on and learned from and share them with you here.
I really believe that more business podcasts need a dose of ALL the pieces that make up the entrepreneurial journey, not just the how-to business stuff. After all, we’re human beings. And human beings are fascinating, complex beings.
First, if you haven’t listened to Episode 11: the Introduction, go back quick and do so. It’ll give you a much better idea of what this series will be all about. The book is 7 parts, and this is part 5, but the introduction episode will be really helpful to give you a sense of what’s going on here. Again, that’s episode 11. I’ll be doing these episodes every few weeks, so keep an eye out for The 7 Laws episodes if you’re planning to follow along and join the conversation.
So far, if you’d like a quick review or need to get caught up, the 7 Laws Episodes are 11, 17, 23, 30 and 37. Once again, if you’d like to review the chapters we’ve covered so far or get caught up before you finish today’s episode, the 7 Laws episode numbers are 11, 17, 23, 30 and 37.
Today is Chapter 5: The Law of Intention and Desire
“Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment…intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite organizing power.
And when we introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work for us.”
* The whole universe, in its essential nature, is the movement of energy and information. The only difference between you and a tree ???? is the informational and energy content of your respective bodies.
* “I AM that, you are that, all this is that, and that’s all there is.” -ancient seers
* You can consciously change the energy and informational content of your own quantum mechanical body, and THEREFORE influence the energy and informational content of your extended body—your environment, your ????—and cause things to MANIFEST in it.
* Attention (energizes) & Intention (transforms)
* Whatever you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life
* Accept the present and intend the future
* If you have life-centered, present moment awareness, then the imaginary obstacles disappear
* One pointed intention is that quality of attention that is unbending in its fixity of purpose
(1) Slip into the gap. This means to center yourself in that silent space between thoughts, to go into the silence—that level of Being which is your essential state.
(2) Established in that state of Being, release your intentions and desires. When you are actually in the gap, there’s no thought, there’s no intention, but as you come out of the gap—at that junction between the gap and a thought—you introduce the intention. If you have a series of goals, you can write them down, and have your intention focused on them before you go into the gap. If you want a successful career, for example, you go into the gap with that intention, and the intention will already be there as a faint flicker in your awareness. Releasing your intentions and desires in the gap means planting them in the fertile ground of pure potentiality, and expecting them to bloom when the season is right. You do not want to dig up the seeds of your desires to see if they are growing, or get rigidly attached to the way in which they will unfold. You simply want to release them.
(3) Remain in the state of self-referral. This means remain established in the awareness of your true Self—your spirit, your connection to the field of pure potentiality. It also means not to look at yourself through the eyes of the world, or allow yourself to be influenced by the opinions and criticisms of others. A helpful way to maintain that state of self-referral is to keep your desires to yourself; do not share them with anyone else unless they share the exact same desires that you have and are closely bonded with you.
(4) Relinquish your attachment to the outcome. This means giving up your rigid attachment to a specific result and living in the wisdom of uncertainty. It means enjoying every moment in the journey of your life, even if you don’t know the outcome.
(5) Let the universe handle the details. Your intentions and desires, when released in the gap, have infinite organizing power. Trust that infinite organizing power of intention to orchestrate all the details for you.
Remember that your true nature is one of pure spirit. Carry the consciousness of your spirit wherever you go, gently release your desires, and the universe will handle the details for you.